- Daughter Justine is on her way to visit, and will arrive tomorrow. I haven’t seen her for eight months, and having her with us for Thanksgiving is a special gift.
- Our little family of personas y mascotas is blessed with the addition of Blanca and her baby, whom we have named “Lucky.” Watching them play together has provided us with many many hours of pleasure.
- There is a new feeling of hope in the world. New leadership in the United States has filled everyone, even those here in Mexico, with a sense of optimism.
- We continue to believe that we made the best possible decision to make Bucerias our home, and that we are the two most fortunate people in the world.
- I have a special sense of gratitude for the opportunity to express my respect and affection for Mexico through my painting and drawing - and that I have sold five paintings and a drawing in the past few weeks. I am especially grateful for Jorge and Blanca, who have faith in me, and who have chosen to make their gallery a showplace for my work.
- We have found so many delightful new friends, who fill our lives with laughter and purpose.
- In the midst of so much economic uncertainty for so many, we have a modest and dependable income stream that is not affected (so far) by the crisis in the US. In fact (for some arcane reason we do not understand) the peso has gone from 10 pesos to one dollar to 13:1, giving us a temporary pay raise.
- We are both strong and healthy.
- We look forward to the holidays and the coming year, with hopes that more of our friends and family will find the time and resources to come here and share our corner of paradise for a time.
So Happy Thanksgiving to all, and may all your days be full of hope and promise.